The safety and well-being of the exporting community and BIS’ staff is BIS’ top priority. With that in mind, Acting Under Secretary Hull announced the decision to postpone this year’s Annual Conference on Export Controls to July 26-28, 2021, due to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) will hold the 33rd annual BIS Annual Conference on Export Controls and Policy in Washington, D.C. July 26 - 28, 2021 at the Marriott Marquis. This major outreach activity draws business and government representatives from around the world to learn and exchange ideas about export control issues. It is one of the Bureau’s most notable export control outreach events.
Planned Agenda Includes The Following Sessions:
- License Exceptions in the EAR and Country Groups - Update
- End-Use Checks and Overseas Verifications
- USML Categories I-III to CCL: Firearms
- Anatomy of a License
- End-Use and End-User-Based Controls
- Export Controls in Academic and Research Environments
- Office of Export Enforcement: Anatomy of an Investigation
- Regulatory Update
- DDTC Update
- Deemed Exports